Remodel

Well everyone... Today's blog has nothing to do with travel. Instead it has to do with what's going on at the house while I'm gone traveling and on occasions when I'm home. It's the remodel of the house.

Stefan is doing 99% the work. He has rebuilt my kitchen including creating a pantry out of space that was not well used before. He has resurfaced the counters, built custom cabinets and is currently adding the backsplash. He will be re-building my stovetop island and we will insert a new oven.

The remodel project started with simply enclosing a door and has transformed in to framing in new rooms in the house. I will be glad when it’s over. It seems to take so long while you are in the middle of the project.

Over the weekend we hung sheetrock in a room. It was amazing in a few hours how much a room can be transformed. I didn’t get good pictures to share with you today but maybe in the next week or so I can post some of those.

Until then, here are a few of the kitchen.

Kitchen Cabinets and counter:

Kitchen

The pantry is well stocked. I love it, it's a walk in with shevling from floor to ceiling. There is a window so it's not so enclosed you feel like your in a box. I think we figured it at 50 sq feet. It's huge.


5 comments:

Sue said...

Finally I get to see what you've been up to over there! Great pics.

I see a lot of frying pans - I bet you don't use half of them. Feel free to bring some down the next time you come.

Oh - and you could bring that box of Peppermint Patties too. :-)

Life's a Beach! said...

Oh my gosh! Absolutely beautiful! I'd love to have that huge pantry! :) Great job!

Bennie said...

Sue - leave it to you to find the peppermint patties in all that stuff. The box is nearly empty so you may want me to get you a new box. As for the pots and pans, those are decorative as far as I'm concerned. Unless there is an emergency for me to boil water they won't be used by me. Of course Stefan may have a different idea about that.

Beck - I LOVE the pantry. We took out several yucky old cabinets and closed in a door and made this room. I never realized how much of a difference it would make. It has a pocket door to close it off. Funny thing is, I can still walk in there and there's not a darn thing to eat. As you can see with the picture of only half the stuff I could stock a mini-mart in Mexico so we know there is plenty to eat.

Anonymous said...

oh boy, how organized it is! Stefan must be the neatnick - I can't imagine having that kind of space, I am envious...but, in my house it would be a disaster area....I think all Hurricanes must originate in such spaces....

Bennie said...

Leslie - I can tell you that it's not me that's the neatnick. I'm right there with you and the disaster area. So you have Stefan pegged right on that one.