Hidden Jewels…

Sometimes on my trips I find hidden jewels. This year I have been traveling to the Riverside/Ontario California area. During the summer I brought Stefan out while I was working and he does the touring and then comes back and tells me all the neat things he saw. It’s like having a scout go out and then take you to only the best.

On his trip he found a beautiful old motel in downtown Riverside and he wanted to be sure I saw it. The hotel is called “The Mission Inn” and it’s just beautiful. It has great restaurants and they decorated up beautifully at Christmas. They have original oil paintings in the lobby. It’s one of the old style motels.

I couldn’t afford to stay there and our corporate policy keeps us in the Marriott or Hilton chains mostly. I really wish I’d have stayed at this place at least once. I’ve heard it’s fantastic. Maybe I’ll come out and stay on a vacation someday.

Here are some pics I found on the internet of this place. I have a few in my camera but they just are not as good as the ones below.






3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

That's beautiful! And it is a hidden jewel!

Bennie said...

This place is just beautiful. I would have never guessed something like this was here.

Anonymous said...

There are some great old style hotels in Southern CA. I have only driving past Riverside on the way from the Ontario airport to Palm Springs so I have not seen any of the historic buildings there.