What’s this? A Life…

This week I am working from home office and I even lucked out enough to get next week home too. It’s really strange being home since I am generally out running cross country every week.

Look at what I missed this week.

1) Packing my suitcase (twice)
2) Getting up at 2:45 AM to leave for the airport (twice)
3) Change time zones (body and watch)
4) Short connections at the Atlanta Airport
5) Sleeping in a strange bed
6) Working out of my laptop bag
7) Putting on a Shirt and Tie
8) Ironing my shirts that got wrinked on the trip
9) Waking up early and staying up late to do normal office work

I forgot how nice it was to work at my desk. The girls (cat and dog) are so glad to have me here. They are right back in the swing with the cat sleeping in the inbox and the dog watching my feet to be sure they don’t go somewhere without her.

I couldn’t pick a better few weeks to be home. The spring season is my favorite in the Carolinas. The trees start blooming in the following order Bradford Pear, Cherry then Dogwoods. The flowers start with Daffodils, Tulips, Azaleas, Jasmine and Wisteria. Over the next month anyone with allergies will have a tough time, but the smell in the air will be so sweet.

So if I don’t write as much this week… It’s because I found a life at home!

3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Beautiful flowers Bennie! Working at home sounds SO nice! Have fun!

Sue said...

So glad you have some home time, I know how precious it is. Enjoy! (and thanks for the call on the weekend, hopefully I'll get back to you after our trip).

Bennie said...

Beck - Working from home ROCKS. My last job I was home about 50% of the time and it was the perfect mix. I loved it and had they not wanted me to move to a cold climate I'd have been happy for years doing what I was doing. But once they said cold weather I darted so fast a hummingbird or roadrunner could not have caught me.

Sue - It's great to be home again. I have two weeks of this. Hard to belive my first week is almost over. I got so many e-mails cleaned up and recharging my batteries. My next trip is to your old neck of the woods (Toronto).