What’s in the iPod?

Today the song playing in my iPod is “American Soldier” by Toby Keith. If you want to hear the song and see the video you can find it on youtube.

The reason this song is playing is because I have a cousin and a friend heading to the Middle East today. It doesn’t matter if you are for or against the wars when you have someone that close to you heading to a war zone you experience a little pride and a lot of fear.

Both of these young men are a lot younger than I am (one is young enough to be a son). When I see these young men and women in the airport in Atlanta I am reminded many of the soldiers in the fields are the children of my generation. I know how hard it is to see a relative or friend go, I can’t imagine what it’s like to be a mother or father of one of these young men or women.

Today is not going to be as Happy of a St. Patrick’s Day as next year when I hope to report they are home safe and sound.

No comments: