5 Days in Portland/Vancouver

This week I have had Stefan with me on my trip to Portland. As I’ve said in a past blog he goes out touring and then tells me about all the great things he has seen. A lot of times he will take me to the best spots of the day after I get off work.

This week we hiked to the top of Multnomah Falls just east of Portland. That was our Sunday trip. The falls are beautiful and I have posted pictures of it before but I never get tired of seeing the falls.

Some times the things Stefan sees I don’t get to see because they are so far away. He went to the Oregon Coast on Tuesday. He was telling me how beautiful the drive was and I’m so glad he got pictures. The trees are so beautiful with the snow on them.

When he got to the coast he went to Cannon Beach. Haystack rock is located here and back in the late 80’s I would go camping on the beach there with some friends of mine that lived in Seattle. He was amazed at the beauty of the Oregon Coast. I told him he has only seen a sliver of what Oregon Coast has to offer. Other areas are the Sand Dunes that are a must see.


I got some great ideas from someone I don’t even know that is following my blog. Beck told me that we needed to go to Pittock Mansion in Portland. Stefan went during the day when he could tour the house and he said its “Move in Ready”. He really loved it and told me about the view. He knew I could not tour the mansion but wanted me to see the view. I have pictures of the Mansion and the view of Portland and Mt. Hood from the Mansion grounds.
Pittock Mansion
View from Pittock Mansion

You could also see Mt. St. Helens from the mansion.
Beck - Thank you for such great ideas what to see this week.

6 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

You are so welcome Bennie! The view from that mansion IS outstanding. The Pittocks were fortunate people! Love all your photos, and Cannon Beach was our favorite spot on the Oregon Coast!

Ann said...

Thanks for the beautiful photos! This is one area of the US that I haven't visited as of yet! That view is amazing...

Bennie said...

Beck - Stefan went back to the coast yesterday he loves it over there. He also went to the Japanese Gardens here. Too bad we are not here during the rose season so he could see the Rose Gardens.

Jamqueen - This area of the country is so beautiful. The USA is lucky to have so many beautiful areas. I would certainly add this to your "Must Visit" list. From the pictures I've seen on your site you would have a great time here.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving free advertisement to my state. We need the travel business with the state's unemployment rate at 10% last month and growing.

Bennie said...

Jackie:

Your home state has so much beauty to share. I would highly recommend Oregon for a vacation. There are so many things to see and do there from High Desert, Coast, Crater Lake, Porland, Columbia River Gorge. It's just a wonderful place to visit.

I hate to hear about the unemployment rate being so high. Ours here in SC is above the 10% rate too. I'm very fortunate to be working at a job I love. I just hope it stays that way for years to come.

Anonymous said...

Here is a link to a really long post I did last year exploring Oregon.
http://jackieinpdx.com/2008/10/04/explore-oregon-with-me-facts-and-photos/