**IT Happens 2

I thought everyone would like to know the outcome from my post yesterday.

The Hilton has bent over backwards trying to make up for our little event. I think they have taken it more serious than I did. Yesterday when I got home from work there was a nice basket of snacks and an ice bucket full of beer in the room. Of course I don’t drink so the beer did me no good but Stefan had one.

There was a card apologizing for the event and telling me they had credited me the nights stay. A very nice gesture, but since my expenses are paid it didn’t help me other than make me loose a few Hilton Points for this week.

There was a coupon for a free meal for two at the restaurant in the lobby (which is in the category of Ruth Chris). The meal we had for two was over $125.00. My meals are paid for since I’m here on business and the tip alone was what I generally spend on a meal.

I told Stefan that I needed to remember this trick. If you need a free meal toss some dog poop in your room and report it. Of course that conversation went downhill really fast with a bunch of laughing along the way. His only concerns included how do you collect the specimen, get it through security at the airport, etc.. As you can tell we gave it way more thought than it deserved…

Again, it’s one of those events you just have to laugh off and move on.

3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

I always carry a large roach in my purse so I can throw it in the salad. I haven't paid for a meal in years. HA! Thanks for the great laugh!

Sue said...

Bennie - sounds like you should invite Beck along on some of your trips. Between the three of you, you'll never have to pay for another thing!

Bennie said...

Sue - Beck and I would make good travel partners from the sound of it. It shows that women do think different than men. See I just pull a hair out of my head and put it in my food to get the free meal. That explains the baldness and the pot gut.

Just think I could have kept all those hairs.