Saturday Ramblings

I don’t have anything to say, so why am I here? I just wanted to give you a few warnings.

If you ever want to have a flood of traffic to your blog from countries around the world make a post like I made on the Pennsylvania town I made the other day. It was so funny I went from readers in 4 countries to 9 within a few minutes. I assume a few of them did not get what they were looking for, but if they did I’d have to say Welcome.

The next thing is beware of Facebook. It’s addictive. I was sent a link by a friend from South Texas and I finally broke down and created a profile. Within a few hours people started finding me and inviting me to their Facebook pages. In roughly a week I have connected with people I have not heard from in years (some as many as 27 years).

It’s been great seeing pictures of old friends on Facebook. But know once you sign up it’s as bad as E-Bay and you will spend days in front of your computer and all of a sudden wake up and wonder what happened to your week.

I guess now that it’s Mid-Day on Saturday I might want to go do something fun like take a shower.

3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Ha! I bet people will flock to Intercourse. I also joined Facebook recently at the suggestion of a friend and I immediately started getting hits from people I know.

Ann said...

I joined Facebook last fall when someone fromHS emailed me about it. Have reconnected with several friends from 40+ yrs ago on there!

Anonymous said...

Facebook, blogs and now this new time waster called Wordles which will be my blog post tomorrow. It's amazing how much time I spend weekend mornings online goofing off. But I guess that is what weekedns are for.