Sweet Scents

This week I am in California for my last visit at the client site here. I really enjoy California because of the mild winters. The climate here in Southern California is so mild things that bloom once a year back home will bloom 4-6 times a year here.

I can tell California has had rain since I was last here. Generally the hills are covered with dry grasses. This week every mountain is covered with beautiful green grasses.

The flowers are in bloom and one of my favorite scents is in the air… Citrus trees in bloom.

In the parking lot where I park there are several varieties of citrus trees from lemons, limes, grapefruit and several types of oranges. It’s so nice to be greeted in the morning with the sweet smell of these trees on my way in from the parking lot.

This will be one of the things I will miss about my trips to this area. I’m sure I’ll be back in California again for another client sometime. Until then I’ll have to just depend on my memories. Or hope for a Florida account!

3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

I noticed we have buds on our small citrus trees now, so it won't be long! I can't wait for the day when those trees get bigger and put off a lot of fragrance!

Anonymous said...

come on down and visit Bennie - we have orange groves all around us...even had a meandering swarm of bees trying to build a hive on one of our dormers again! Buzz you right to sleep!

Bennie said...

Beck - I'm jealous, you have these trees close to where you live.

Leslie - I would love to be down there in Florida with you. I have an account in the Fort Lauderdale area for one visit in May at this point. It started in March and moved to April then May. I hope they don't push until August when it's too hot to enjoy.