**IT Happens

Well this week I have another one of those funny experiences from the road that I will forget in time.

I’m staying at my favorite Hilton, in my favorite corner room overlooking the park this week. I was very happy to find they had assigned me to my room when I arrived.

We had a long flight from the east coast and we went to Multnomah Falls and hiked to the top of the falls (1 mile hike going 700 feet to the top). We were pretty tired when we got here and just crashed.

Yesterday morning I woke up at my normal 5AM and started my day reading e-mails and getting ready. I ran down to get breakfast (to-go) and came back to the room. The chair was not close enough to the table so I moved it a little bit for comfort.

Stefan was at the desk on the computer and he looked at me and asked if that was a leaf on the floor next to me or a turd? Now mind you neither of those really look alike to me, and sure enough I look down and there is a present someone’s little animal left us.

Well I will spare everyone reading this the picture I took. But I did not spare the person at the front desk from seeing it. I certainly didn’t want to be hit with a pet cleaning fee when my pets are at home in South Carolina. Of course the front desk person was mortified. I wasn’t pitching a fit, just stating facts. They know I’m a good customer since I have stayed here 7-8 times since September.

Last night when I got home from touring Portland with Stefan there as a voice mail that they had drinks and snacks they wanted to deliver to our room. Of course at that time of night I am not interested in room service.

Really they should clean the carpets (that’s what the pet fee’s are supposed to be for). It reminds me why I wear socks in my hotel rooms.

I had to laugh it off. When we got home Stefan said I should report to the front desk that someone stole my turd from my room. Or even better report another one that was left overnight. I had a good laugh and decided “It Happens” and just let go of it.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, gross! Somehow "Hilton Hotel" and "turd on the carpet" don't go together. It's possible it was a snuck-in pet, so they weren't looking for unusual leavings after check-out. I like Stefan's sense of humor in thinking about reporting it as stolen...hahaha. I bet that would make a good stand-up comedy routine by someone very good at accents and facial contortions.

Bennie said...

Sue - I agree Hilton and Turd don't generlly go together. So you can only imagine my surprise when I found the special present that had been left for us. I would have preferred a fruit basket.

Ann said...

OMG! I can't believe the person cleaning the room could have missed it!

Life's a Beach! said...

LMAO!!! Are you at the downtown Hilton? Most hotels like Hilton charge an arm and a leg pet fee. I always wondered if they did any special cleaning of the room to justify that fee, and now I know the answer! I've stayed in some BAD hotel rooms in the last year just because so many hotels now won't accept a dog at all. And we have the dog who never makes any messes! I really think you should have reported your turd stolen!

Bennie said...

Jamqueen - I agree about how could they have missed this. It's not like I was at a Motel 6.

Beck - I'm with you... I have pets that are very well potty trained (Thank God)and it's so hard to find a decent place that allows pets. And when you do they charge $75-125 as a pet fee. I've paid that more than once and you think twice about your trip when you see these costs. The staff were really mortified about the situation because they see me here every week. I just had to laugh it off.