Trip last week

I’m not sure how all you folks write so often from home. I always get preoccupied and don’t ever sit down to write anything. You must be much more disciplined than me.

Last week on the drive from Arkansas to South Carolina I took a few pictures to share with everyone. One of those was in Birmingham, AL. We were on the loop around town and I saw this replica of the Statue of Liberty. It was so beautiful I had to share it with everyone.
On my post last week I told you I felt we had it made when we crossed the Mississippi River. On the way home I noticed that we saw the Kudzu again once we were on the East side of the river. They have it west of the Mississippi but not like we have in the east. This vine crawls all over everything and grows up to a foot a day. I don’t have pictures of it but someday I’ll have to get a picture and post it.

The girls were both very good on the trip. The cat “Pez” hates to get packed up and travel. Once we get her in the car she is really pretty good. She’s the only one with a bathroom on the road. Sheeot (the dog) is just as happy as can be if you put her near an AC vent. She spent a lot of her time sleeping in my lap and when she was not there she was between the seats with her head on my travel pillow.
I hope everyone is having a good week. I hope to get inspired to write more in the next few days.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I think the difference is that we are home when we write, you aren't. No need to apologize, sounds like you had a busy, productive week. The tv deal would have been enough to send me for a long nap.

Jackie said...

One of the tricks is to write a few posts and have them scheduled for when you are traveling so you do not feel like you are spending all of your time at home writing for your blog.

Bennie said...

Yeah I need to have a few written up in advance. I write better on the road for work than from home.