It’s Cheaper to Bribe Housekeeping

I wrote earlier this week about how much I loved the shampoo that the Embassy Suites leaves in the room. I also stated I could not find it to purchase anywhere. Of course I was told to GOOGLE-IT and given a post where I could buy it.

Once I saw the price of $24.95 plus $7.95 for shipping making the 16 oz bottle cost $32.90 or $2 per ounce. I decided it was cheaper to bribe the housekeeping staff.

So each day I left a few dollars as a tip. I wrote a note thanking the housekeeper for the extra shampoo and asking if they would please leave more. Positive notes and saying Thank You can open a lot of doors and get you a lot of things.

The haul this week was pretty good…

20 Shampoos
15 Bars of Soap
9 Hand Lotions
7 Conditioners
7 Extra Coffee Packets
6 Extra Bottles of water


Now mind you I only asked for Shampoo. So all the other stuff is “BONUS”.

Not only did I score with my BONUS - my room was in perfect shape every day. Not a speck of dust, no streaks on the mirrors, etc. I mean my room was sparkling clean from top to bottom. I always had fresh towels and every detail in the room was covered.

And for roughly $10 I have quite a haul to take home. Oh and the shipping and handling is free since I am Platinum on Delta and I can check my bag for free. Mind you I never check a bag but since I have so much liquid I’m going to have to today.

Here’s a quick peek at my haul this week. Those who know me well know I don’t pass up a freebie. So you can get a good laugh at my haul.

Like they say.. Once a Ho, always a Ho.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

OMG! You are too funny!

Life's a Beach! said...

LOL! We used to have boxes of the good and bad stuff in the linen closet when my husband traveled all the time. Embassy Suites was one of our favorites. But what a haul!

Did I ever tell you about our stay at the Portland Airport Embassy Suites where we saw Air Force One with George W.land,the whole dignitary greeting party on the runway, and the motorcade with all the black SUV's and gunpower coming and going directly from our 3rd floor window? It was simulcast on the television in our room. My mother was with us and absolutely thrilled. (But I wanted to shoot him a moon from the window!)

Leslie said...

ah...only you Bennie...

So, let's see, since you good ol boys from the south only take baths on Saturday nights, you should be good for nearly half a year!

Who says a dollar or two don't buy much anymore!

Bennie said...

Beck - I love the story about the Embassy Suites in Portland. I have stayed there too and I would have loved to see that Salute in the window. My experience with a presidential motorcade was in Charlotte when I left for lunch and couldn't get back to work because Clinton was speaking at the Convention Center next to where I worked. That was a mess.

Leslie - We southerners have changed through the years. We now allow baths on Sunday monrings or Saturday nights. As long as it's after the bar run and before Church.