South Beach

What a busy week in South Florida.

To start off I am traveling with co-workers I have never worked with before. I knew the names of two of the people but had never worked with them. To be quite honest I could not have told you what they looked like before our trip this week. The other was someone I had never met at all but have spoken on the phone with. Funny one of the people I met for the first time is our new Director.

Tuesday we started off having lunch together so we would know what each other looked like before we went on-site to the client. It’s funny but when you work remote and travel all the time it’s not uncommon that you work with people for years and never know what they look like.

At the end of the day they asked me if I wanted to go with them to South Beach which is about an hour south of where we are. It’s really nice when your in a group you tend to see more things. I didn’t take my camera because I had been to South Beach before and I didn’t want to look like the tourist. That was a HUGE mistake.

One of the co-workers had a friend that owns a condo on South Beach and I didn’t know we were going to look at the condo. It was about 20 stories up overlooking the ocean. The view was so wonderful. The condo had Italian marble and was decorated just perfect. I felt bad about walking on the floors because the whole condo had less dust in it than my laptop bag.

From there we walked South Beach and had dinner at a very nice dinner at Caffe Milano. It was nice to sit and get to know everyone on the team.

Then tonight I had dinner with a co-worker I had not seen in about 5 years. We worked on the implementation team several years before I left and came back to the company. She lives here in Boca Raton and I could not pass through without having dinner with her one night.

Tomorrow night I’m having dinner with a co-worker from last job. I have not seen her in over a year and I’m looking forward to just sitting back and catching up.

As you can tell the South Florida trip has been jam packed with stuff to do. Too bad I’m expected to work full days down here. Who has time for that when there are so many people to visit?

Weeks like this remind me why I enjoy working on the road. There are times we get beat down on the road and cop an attitude about how tough it is. But there are very few people who work the 9-5 jobs that get to see and do what I do. This week has been one of those rare treats on the road. I wish I had pictures to share with everyone.

4 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Bennie, I would have loved to have seen pictures of that condo! The photos not taken! Sounds like a fun week!

Sue said...

I wish you had pictures to share with everyone too - I'm a visual person. I've been to South Beach and enjoyed it at the time. You are just an hour away from me (by air), you could take a detour and catch up with your other co-worker too!

Ann said...

Glad you getting to catch up with people! I one time I ent to South Beach , we went with a friend that lived in the area--best way to see a new place!

Bennie said...

Yeah I could just kick myself for not taking my camera. I need to take it everywhere. Sue I am just an hour away by air from you, and I have my passport. Too bad I don't have the time. I could come and help with all those new kittens.