The next travel destination

I am home office this week but I head out on vacation at the end of the week. I will be going to see mom in Magnolia Arkansas and going to the Magnolia Blossom Festival. This festival started as an art show years ago and my mom used to display some of her paintings there.

Through the years they have added the World Championship Steak Cook-off and many other events (concerts, dog shows, car shows, etc.). Last year we went back to this festival. It was the first time I had been there in 20+ years. Funny I’ll get to see two years back to back.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Can't wait to see all the photos!

Life's a Beach! said...

And there's that little razorback! I'll have to look Magnolia up and see what part of the state it's in. We almost got moved to Bentonville back in Craig's Hallmark days. I never understood until we made the trip to look at real estate that Arkansas really was 'southern'. I grew up a few hours away in southeast Kansas and we were just plains people. I remember a woman asking our realtor who our family was. The realtor said, "Oh, they from up noth!" I thought that was so funny!

Have a great vacation. Those town festivals are so much fun!

Bennie said...

Ann - I'll try to get some good photos for you. They have concerts at the end and this year it's Aaron Tippin (country singer).

Beck - we are located in the SW corner of Arkansas. I put a link behind the blossom festival if you click on it and you can see more info. And I am certainly in the "Southern" part of Arkansas. I was raised in Oklahoma so this was way south for me too. I felt like a Yankee in comparison.