Greetings from LA - (Lower Arkansas)

Well we have our 1,000 miles of driving behind us. The first night we drove from Myrtle Beach to Oxford, Alabama (about half way between Atlanta and Birmingham). We spent the night there and made the remainder of the trip yesterday. We took I-20 all the way to Minden, LA and then headed north from there.

Both the girls (Pez and Sheott) did well on the trip. Of course we had plenty of potty breaks along the way and treats were handed out. As you can see from the picture of Sheeot she was just fine with the trip. This picture was taken at the Welcome Center in Mississippi.

I’m not sure which travel is the hardest (business or personal). It was a chore getting the whole family ready to roll – generally I only worry about myself. I can tell you it was a nice change to travel by car instead of fighting my way through the airports. You get to see so many things on the ground along the way.

I always feel like I’ve made it when I cross the Mississippi river. We are still a long way from mom but after 800 miles a couple hundred more miles seems minimal. The river was up this trip I guess from all the rains up north. I’ve seen this river up to the tops of the levies before and it was not that bad but it was touching both levies and was plenty full.

Tomorrow is the big Blossom Festival in Magnolia. We will go watch the parade of cookers in the morning, then go see the art show. Later in the evening we will go have our Steaks at the World Champion Steak Cookoff. After that there is a concert with Aaron Tippin. That will be the kick-off to my week long vacation. We don’t have any huge plans other than to NOT WORK.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Have a great time!

Life's a Beach! said...

Sounds like a great time! Are there any Steel Magnolia's in Magnolia? Cute doggie! Keep us posted on the sights!

Life's a Beach! said...

P.S. Bennie. I'm LMAO about the L.A. thing because my husband always called his home town L.A. -- Larned America.

Jackie said...

Yum a steak cookoff. Enjoy!

Bennie said...

Ann - it's starting off good. We started with watching the parade of cookers this morning, then the art show, lunch and our nap. Before long we'll have to go back and have our steaks and watch the concert.

Beck - there are plenty of Steel Magnolias here. Funny Craig called his home LA too.

Jackie - the charcoal pits were fired up when we left this afternoon. They were giving samples out of Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, etc. But I'm holding out for Steak.