The Big Event - Magnolia Blossom Festival - Part 2

OK, OK. I’ve been lazy and have not written about the second half of the Magnolia Blossom Festival / World Championship Steak Cook Off.

We went back to the square about 5:45 PM and stood in line to get our steaks. I heard there were 5000 steaks cooked and served. They let people enter from all four corners of the square and in less than an hour all the steaks are served and gone. The tickets are $15 and you get a salad, drink, baked potato, steak and desert. The steaks are 16 oz Ribeye’s.

Mom, Stefan my Aunt Jeanette and I all got our steaks and found a table. Jeanette’s twin JoAnn came to join us and we split up the food and she ended up with quite a meal too.

After the meal we went and found our spot for the announcements of the winners of the cook-off, parade and all that jazz. Then the concert started with Aaron Tippin. He was pretty big in country music in the Mid-90’s. He has since faded from the spotlight. He has his own recording label now and has a new album of trucker songs with some of the old trucking songs. He is a high energy concert to watch and it was a good show.

I’ve been playing lazy and not doing much on the computer. Yesterday we started working on getting mom ready for the Digital TV Switch over on June 12. It’s not as simple as they make it sound. I’ll write about that later.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Sometimes you just need to be lazy & be away from the computer for awhile? Remember wen we didn't have them? It wasn't that long ago...

Life's a Beach! said...

Sounds like a nice lazy vacation! I have to hear about this digital switchover since I posted that funny video on my blog some months back!

Bennie said...

Oh wow the time before computers, cell phones and PDA's. It seems so long ago but we know it wasn't. It's been a great week but I still have the computer as you can tell.

Beck - I just posted the DTV woes a few minutes back. It was a zoo getting it all setup here.