A Way With Words

I had a friend years ago that framed and gave me the saying below called "A Way With Words". It's so true and I still have this at my desk 20+ years after getting it. It's funny and so true. I'm not sure who the author was of this or I would credit them.

A Way With Words

There is a lot in the way you say it.
Call a lady and old hen and you pay.
Call her a chick and you’re in.
To tell her,
“You look like the end of a hard winter,”
Is not appreciated quite as much as saying,
“You look like a breath of spring.”
And although they mean the same,
It’s better to say,
“Time stands still while I gaze into your eyes,”
Than to say,
“You have a face that would stop a clock.”

2 comments:

Sue said...

Cute!

Bennie said...

I wish I was as delicate with the words as the poem. I try but for some reason my sharp tongue keeps getting me in trouble.