Anyone want a Strip Search?

When you travel you learn to read old news during your down time. I collect up my newspapers I get during the week and often don’t read them until the end of the week heading home. There are times I get to them earlier and sometimes I just don’t ever get to them. The funny part is on the way home I read them in order so the stories make sense. Other folks I know read them in reverse order so they get the latest info first. Just one of those strange things the business travelers tend to do.

Today I was reading yesterdays paper and the front page article was about the new scanning technology they are trying at the Tulsa airport. I’m not really sure I want these scanners since they display a body image (private parts and all) for the TSA agents. I don’t even like standing naked in front of a doctor little alone the TSA agent. They have it setup where the scan is read by someone in an office and not the one standing there. I guess that stops us from getting our feelings hurt when they giggle at our naked bodies on the screen.

They say the image is kept for minutes only then deleted, the face is blurred, etc.. Now mind you I don't have to tell you how much I trust that. I guess I've worked with computers too long because I know deleted files from computers can easily be retieved. I just know someday I'll find my naked body picture on the internet somewhere (probably on Ripleys webpage). It's like all these pictures that show up of these famous people that posed in the nude when they were young. Sure these pictures were destroyed.

The good part of the article was that you can request not to use this device and you get a free pat down… Count me in for that! I might as well get some enjoyment out of the process. Yee Haw!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Still have that warped mind, I see! :-)

Bennie said...

I thought it was required to do this type job? Warped seems to take the edge off a travelers life.