Just how far have I been?

I was trying to think about something to write about today. I thought it might be fun to look at how many miles I have flown and where it could have taken me.

The miles that I know about which leaves out many miles I flew before being a business traveler total 1,907,850. This total will have taken me around the earth at the equator (24,901 miles) 76.61 times. I could have made 7.98 trips to the moon (238,857 miles).

If I were traveling to Mars I would only be 68% of the way through the 2.8 million miles. And to the Sun I would only be 2% of the 93,000,000 miles.

I know this is one of those fun facts that mean nothing to anyone unless you have traveled the miles yourself. And to think my grandmother’s primary form of transportation as a child was horse and buggy or on foot.

2 comments:

Sue said...

How often did your mom or dad threaten to send you to the moon after doing something they didn't like? If only they'd known you'd grow up to have enough miles to get there yourself. Seven (.98) times!

Bennie said...

I stand a better chance to count the miles I've flown than to count how many times I head that threat to send me to the moon. I'm sure I deserved it too.