Technical Difficulties…

It’s been a fun week so far. The techie person is having technical difficulties with his laptop. I think it’s a power supply going bad. Who knows… I’m not the hardware guy, I’m the propeller head that works with the software.

It started on Monday when my laptop just shut off on its own. So I take it as a fluke and turn it back on and keep working. Tuesday when I started my computer again it ran for a few hours and shut off again. Now it’s not looking as much like a fluke as a problem. Well after it happened the third time I gave up and called the help desk and submitted a trouble ticket. By this time the computer would not turn on at all.

I was quick enough to get all my files off my computer to an external hard-drive. Ran a virus scan and scanned for spyware just incase there were gremlins that made it into my computer. Both scans came up clean which is not a surprise to me since I never go anywhere iffy on the internet.

Wednesday morning I get a call from the help desk telling me they have sent the ticket to a local technician and I should hear from him in the next hour or so. They didn’t realize that I was a remote employee and not in the office. So once that was added on I was given a phone number and name.

My computer ran all day yesterday until the end of the day when it started shutting down again. I have yet to hear from the technician and I have left several messages on his voice mail. I’m hoping they have not assigned it to someone on vacation. That would be my luck.

Next week I am on the road to Oregon again. If I don’t have my laptop I’ll be stuck with the old fashioned way of working (Pen and Paper). A friend of mine told me to practice my penmanship. Little does she know I haven’t practiced that in 25 years. I just hope I can read my notes if I have to take that route.

It’s funny how dependant we have become on technology. I haven’t traveled without a laptop in 10 years except when I was on vacations overseas or on a cruise. So it will be strange if I don’t have one.

The good part is I will be able to access my e-mails using web mail from other peoples computers. I just have to find computers I can hijack while I’m on the road.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Let's try this again--yesterday in keeping with your post, I tried to comment & got an error message & lost the comment!
Good luck finding a spider web!

Sue said...

I had a similar issue in the last year or so. Can't really remember what it was, maybe the fan? Seems that might explain why it works for a few hours but then it overheats and it shuts off to protect itself, intelligent box that it is.

Good luck on the road without your laptop, I know you'll feel like a mother who left her child at the mall. You'll feel like something is missing.

Life's a Beach! said...

I'm not a techie at all! I had similar issues last year with my HP laptop. It would shut down, and then I could not start it back up. I'd push the power button and nothing! I remembered one of those recall notices from the year before and went back and searched my old e-mails. HP ended up giving me a new 'mother board?' (free of charge) Maybe they'll fix it today! :) I sincerely wish my computer at work would just not start. Unfortunately, there are rows of other computers just sitting there waiting for me. Ha!

Bennie said...

Ann - the hardest part of catching that spider web is waking up early on a day off to see it.

Sue - you are so right... It would be like leaving a child behind not to have the laptop. Good part is, they got it fixed and I have it.

Beck - I have the new motherboard. Wish me luck, I hope it works out like yours did. Good luck on crashing all those PC's at work! It's easy to break one, but a whole row is a challenge. Just know if you have power or network issues you can take out a whole string quickly.