Spring Fever Continues

I thought I’d share a few photos of what the South looks like this time of year. When I first moved here 14 years back I was so amazed at the trees and flowers that bloomed in the spring. Over the years I have not been as appreciative of the beauty here as I was my first few years. I guess my trip to Toronto when it was so cold this year made me appreciate home that much more.

The tree below is a Cherry tree near my mailbox. It’s so beautiful when the sunlight is on all the blooms. And it doesn't hurt to have the "Carolina Blue" skies in the background either.


The azalea below is in my front yard to the right of my stairs. It’s starting to be crowded out by another bush. I think this year I may need to do some pruning to make sure it does better next year. The bright red blooms on this bush are wonderful.

This little dogwood started growing in my dirt driveway a few years back. I have this love for the dogwood trees here and I couldn’t just dig it up and let it die. The dogwood has passed its prime for the blooming but it’s still great to see a small twig I planted in the ground make it into a real tree.
I have enjoyed my short weekend home. I got in around 8PM on Friday and I head out to the airport at 5AM tomorrow. It’s off to California again. I am flying into John Wayne Airport (Santa Ana). This is a great little airport and you don’t have to deal with the hustle and bustle of the LAX airport.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful color in your yard! Love the new header on the blog! We're going backwards temperature-wise here in NE!

Jackie said...

Thanks for sharing spring in the south. It was a beautiful spring day in Portland today.

Pam in KC said...

I'm jealous of your weather. I left the house today around noon wearing a sweatshirt and had to come home to get the heavier sweatshirt w/hood and leather jacket. Have fun in California.

Sue said...

I love cherry blossoms and dogwood. Great pictures - thanks!

Bennie said...

Ann - I hope it starts turning around for you in NE...

Jackie - I was thrilled to hear you got your taste of spring in the NW.

Pam - You will be glad to know SC is due to have lows near freezing tonight. Of course I'm not there to wear my seats.

Sue - I am there with you on the Cherry and Dogwoods. We didn't have them much in Oklahoma. I wish I could have went to DC this year for the Cherry Blossoms.