My Last Full Day in Toronto

I ended up working much later than I planned today so I didn’t make it to downtown before the sun was going down. But I forced myself to go even though I knew it would be getting dark when I got there.

I went to the top of the CN Tower. The first level of the tower is 114 stories where there are three levels. The bottom level has a glass floor in a section where you can see all the way to the ground. I really wasn’t sure if I could walk on it, but I was actually able to do it. Considering I can’t climb a ladder or walk on a roof without freaking out I thought I did quite well.

I took the extra elevator up to the Sky Pod which is 1465 feet or 147 stories up. This is much higher than the Sears Tower where they take you to the 103 floor. And it’s higher than the World Trade Towers were in NYC. I’ve been to the top of both of those and neither were quite this high. Too bad I didn’t get there before the sun went down. They say you can see the curvature of the earth from up there. All I saw was a city that went on and on in the distance.

I took several pictures of the downtown area from the top of the tower. The one below is the best of what I got. Maybe someday I'll learn how to take good pictures after dark.

Once I got out of the tower I headed back to where I am staying up in the Richmond Hill area and had a nice dinner. I’ll write more about the trip over the weekend or next week. I have had several ideas of things to write about from up here and just have not had time to write them.

6 comments:

Ann said...

I like that photo taken from the top--tha's a tough one--probably need a tripod to get it clearer.

Sue said...

I think you took a great picture. I'm just catching up on your blogs and enjoying reading about my homeland. Glad the weather wasn't too bad for you.

Life's a Beach! said...

That photo looks pretty good to me! Can't wait to hear all the details!

Jackie said...

147 stories? No way. I thought that I was pretty brave or stupid to go to the top of the Stratasphere Hotel in Las Vegas and ride the rides that zoom off the 100th floor.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I can't believe you walked out on that glass. When I went, I had to sit on the floor and inch my way to the edge, I leaned over just enough to take a glimps down. By the time we made it to the pod, I had my back up against the inner wall, like that garfield cat clinging to the car window, as I took on the 360 view. -vanessa

Bennie said...

Oh Vanessa I can see you now clinging to the wall of the CN Tower. Its more like a huge flagpole when you think about it.

I didn't think I could walk out on the glass floor but I just popped right over on it. Go figure... I can't climb a ladder up on a roof but I can walk on a glass floor 100+ floors.