Home away from home...

I can already tell this is going to be a great week. The weather here in the Portland area is Sunny Skies mid to upper 70's. The trees and flowers are all in bloom. Hertz upgraded me to a Cadillac DTS and Hilton put me in my standing room (549).

Here are some pictures I took today. The tree below was at the hospital and greeted me when I drove in the parking lot.


When I checked in at the Hilton the kids were all playing in the water in the park across the street. All you can hear are joyous laughs and screams from excited kids.



Another picture of the park.

I love looking out at these trees from my room. Everyone is in the park today on blankets, reading books, having picnics. Seeing this you know that Spring is officially here.
The flowers in the park were stunning in the sunlight. I so love the tulips, and they have already faded at home. It was nice to see them again.
It may be a boring post... But it's so nice to see spring...

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

You're once again a lucky guy to see Portland looking like that in April! The Northwest can be beautiful in the spring, but sometimes not. This must be a good year! I remember a few years when we were out doing landscaping in March/April and had beautiful weather! Those tulips are beautiful!

Sue said...

That last pictures makes me remember what I love about spring in Canada. So pretty - I think I'm going to download it and save it to look at now and then. Much as I love my tropical plants, there's something about spring flowers, and to have them all grouped like that - wow!

Enjoy your week driving your Cadillac and being on the 5th floor overlooking the park. I almost envy you (almost...hehehe).