I can see the finish line

I’m winding down my week in the Hamilton/Toronto area today. This week has flown by. I never seemed to know what day it was all week though. Generally we don’t fly to work on a Sunday so I’ve been a day off ever since I got here. Monday seemed like Tuesday; Tuesday like Wednesday and so forth.

The agenda today goes through noon. I didn’t realize that when I booked my travel to go home tomorrow morning. There are flights out this evening that I might be able to catch that would get me home tonight. That’s providing we finish on time with the agenda. I decided not to make that decision until this afternoon so I would not feel rushed. Hamilton is not that far from Toronto but the traffic can be a huge factor.

I have mixed feelings about heading home tonight. I want to be there, but I never get the chance to enjoy the nice motel rooms when I’m on the road. They are simply a place to sleep, shower and get ready for work. The thought of kicking back at the Hilton, having a nice dinner and taking it easy tonight sounds like a very good option.

The other issue with making a change like this and making last minute travel arrangements is the special security they put you through. Generally it will make you a selectee for additional screening. I battle with whether or not it’s worth it to have them do a special check on my bags, give me the ever so gentle frisk, etc..

I know my nature and I’m sure I’ll rush around and try to catch that earlier flight home.

At home today Stefan is having carpet put down in the new bedroom he built. So we will be able to move the bedroom from the old room to the new room and start the remodel on that room. I will be so excited to see a room in the basement that is clean and useable.

Tomorrow the appraiser comes. I had a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) and they sent me a letter stating the house values had dropped so they were reducing the credit line. Least to say they do not have all the improvements included in the valuation they performed with the Magic 8 ball they used. So to keep my line of credit where I want it they said get the house appraised and if it comes in high enough they will pay for the appraisal and re-instate my line of credit. I don’t have to have the line of credit, but I just like to know it’s there if I need it.

So even though I’m never home there’s always a whirlwind of activity there.

It’s been a good week and I’m glad to be to Hump Day. It seems more like the end of the week. Too bad it’s not I could use a 4 day weekend.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wow - it's Wednesday already! I seem to be losing track of days myself with everything that is going on in our lives right now. I bet you decide to stay at the hotel tonight and fly out tomorrow like you'd planned - flights are always easier in the mornings. Good luck and have a good weekend at home.

Life's a Beach! said...

It IS hump day! Actually, yesterday was my hump day since this project hopefully ends tomorrow! Maybe you should stay and actually enjoy a nice dinner and the room! You'll have to report if they take your temperature when you go through immigration!