Beck this post is for you… Beaches!

Well I told you I was going to go eat at your favorite place in Vancouver, WA this week. And that I did. It was a great suggestion and I’ll give you the blow by blow you wanted.

For those of you not familiar with this area there is a Restaurant called Beaches that sits right on the Columbia River. You can watch the boats going up and down the river as you are having your dinner. It’s a beautiful setting and the food is good too.

I walked in wearing my snazzy outfit with my PINK tie. Of course the hostess was right on that telling me how nice it looked. I reminded her it takes a real man to wear pink and pull it off. She assured me I did it. Least to say she won me over right there.

They sat me on the window where I had a beautiful view of the river. I guess I should have taken my camera in with me. Oh well I was not going to go back to the car and get it.

The waitress came to my table and the conversation went like this… Hey my name is Alisha what’s your name? I replied it was Bennie. From that point on she called me by name like a long lost friend.

I could not make up my mind what to eat so Alisha asked the types of food I liked. I told her anything that didn’t swim. Her suggestion was a Greek Chicken and a few other things. I picked the chicken and it was a really good pick. The sides were spaghetti squash with carrots and zucchini and garlic mashed potatoes. I was very pleased with the meal – Beck you were right it was great.

As I was eating the place got busy and the table next to me had a kid about 7ish. They brought him a kids meal in a sand bucket like you would have on the beach. The bucket was filled with toys to entertain him until his meal came. It was fun to watch his face light up and it worked he played quietly until his meal was delivered.

At the end of the meal Alisha delivered my check in a notebook. She asked me to write any comments in her notebook. She left this notebook with many customers and I read a few of the comments. It was something I have never seen done before but what a nice way to get feedback. Of course all of it was positive, so someday she will get to look back at these nuts that wrote in her book.

So Beck… That’s the blow by blow for you! Great suggestion too.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Sounds like it was a great meal & time! I like getting recommendations from people--they might know of a good place you might never try otherwise!

Life's a Beach! said...

Thank you Bennie! Oh, the garlic mashed potatoes! I love them! And they've always done the little notebook thing, usually accompanied by a couple of pieces of salt water taffy. I think I used to order the jerk chicken, macadamia nut crusted halibut, and some of the salads. We've never had a bad meal there. One time we ate there on Valentine's Day and they gave a cute little mug away that said Beaches on it. I still have it!

jackieinpdx said...

Good food but too loud for a business lunch. I haven't been there for dinner in quite a while as there are other restaraunts closer to me with no sales tax.