Myrtle Beach Airport Bridge

I’m back on my kick of not being inspired to write much. So I’m going to share a picture a friend of mine sent me this morning that made me laugh.

There has been a huge building project going on to build a new $46 million bridge across the Intercoastal Waterway in Myrtle Beach to make easier access to the airport. I am thrilled to report they opened this bridge about 2 weeks back.

Now mind you a project of this size and magnitude has plenty of checks and double checks to make sure things are done right. So my question is why didn’t they do a spell check on the city name and at least spell Myrtle Beach right?

I hope they put better quality work in the construction of the bridge than they did in the making of the road sign.

6 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

HA! I wonder if they make highway signs the same place they supposedly make license plates? (Maybe no one at the prison factory can spell?)

Connie said...

You know how many hands one of those signs touch before it is put up on the side of the road. Bev and I use to make these. She still does. If it is misspelled on the order, it has months(sometimes a year or two) to be corrected cuz you have to make what they order(it is a state order). Atleast a dozen people handles these signs.
Atleast 2,3,4 dozen people handle the whole order and it is supposed to be check, re-check and checked again. Well, I am talking about the state of Tennessee and Mississippi. Arkansas(yes, our moms are from there) is a whole different story.
Just my opinion but I am willing to bet that the city or state made that sign. I have seen it a lot out of state and city sign shops.
Okay I am getting off my soapbox now.

Ann said...

Amazing!

Bennie said...

I would think the person who put the sign up standing in our own city would have noticed something wrong.

Whether or not the city or a sign someone placed the order and should have checked it when the order went out and matched it when it came in. Somebody dropped the ball.

I just hope they put enough pilings under the bridge to hold it up. What if they missed there too?

Leslie said...

oh, hee, hee! this is too precious! I am thinking NO ONE even reads them, they just set up the mask whilst jamming on their iPOD or texting their buds....

then sign #A4721-g goes at location #56-119 - no need to read it

Jackieinpdx said...

Too funny! But how embarassing.