Things I see in a week

I've been horrible about writing for some time now. I keep telling myself I'll get better but I guess the summer heat has got to me.

The past 7 days I've been gone. I flew to Houston and drove from there to my mom's house in South Arkansas (about 6 hours). I spent the weekend with her then went to work in Lufkin, TX about 1.5-2 hours north of Houston. Mom came with me and spent the week so it was nice to spend time with her.

When I first got to the Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport this statue was in the main lobby of the airport. Being Houston has NASA and Texas is known for cow I guess it's not a huge stretch to come up with this one.
Mom and I stopped to see the courthouse that is being restored in Marshall, TX. We were hoping it was ready for tours but it was not. The building is over 100 years old and they are restoring it to the way it was back then. To the extent of using art brushes to touch up painting, gold leaf. We peeked through the windows but figure it will be ready by Christmas.
The statue below is at the Marshall County Courthouse as well.
Now you've heard about all the Texas travel so you would think the picture below would have been takend in Texas. That's where you are wrong - it was at the Myrtle Beach airport when I got home. Who knew we drove around old Caddies with Horns. There are a lot of things I saw I didn't get pictures of. I'll try to do better in the future.

4 comments:

Ann said...

sting car....maybe it's a tranplanted Texan?

Ann said...

That's supposed to be interesting car....

Life's a Beach! said...

Like Ann, I'm betting the car was originally from Texas! The weirdest thing we saw this week? We saw a man in a small Toyota turn and head down an off ramp onto the 202 going the wrong way. We were behind him at the light where he turned, so Craig started honking repeatedly, but it didn't help. We wanted to wait and see what happened, but couldn't in traffic.

Jackie said...

The courthouse looks like it will be really cool to visit when it is completed. Loved the cow err astronaut.