Happy 5th of July

I’ve been horrible about writing the past few weeks. I guess we all need time off at some point and this was mine. I’ll try to do better in the weeks to come; it’s not that I haven’t had ideas to write about just that I was too lazy to write them.

I had an unexpected day home alone yesterday. I was planning on going north of Wilmington, NC yesterday but plans changed at the last minute. So I ended up at home alone. I went for a walk in the park behind my house and spent about 2 hours over there. They have swings in the shade where you can watch the boats on the waterway. I watched those while listening to my iPod for about half an hour. Then I walked about 2 miles in the woods sitting along the side of a pond for a while then returning to my starting point watching boats come in and go out from the ocean.
I was really surprised that on the 4th of July how few people there were in the park. I doubt I saw 5 people the whole time. I guess everyone was at the beach which is where I plan on going in about half an hour.

Hope everyone is doing well and I’ll try to get another post out in a few days.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Sounds like you had a nice day.

Life's a Beach! said...

Sounds like a nice break! All of our friends used to have a Fourth of July picnic in a popular beach park when we lived in Seattle. It was always uncrowded because people seemed to be elsewhere. (But the park where they held the fireworks show was packed!)

Bennie said...

Ann & Beck:

It was a very nice day off. Of course there were plenty of fireworks that night because we are out on the edge of town. I got to lay in bed and watch them go off out the window.