Finally a beach day

I live so close to the beach and I’m too lazy to take the 5-10 minutes to drive over there. Well we decided to drive over there yesterday. It was a super hot day for us with temps in the upper 90’s. The water temps were 82 and it was just a wonderful day to wade in the water.

I got a few pictures to share. Things I just take for granted.

The tides were really high yesterday. This generally happens a few times a year and the marsh behind the house looks like a lake. This log has been in the marsh for sometime, it blew down in one of the many hurricanes and just floats around when the water is high. This white egret decided it was a fine place to stand and fish for a while. I got to sit from my bedroom and watch this for a while. I noticed it when I had started packing for my trip this week and just decided it was more important to sit and enjoy the beauty of home for a bit before I left.

4 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Looks like a white egret out there in that marsh! The beach looks soooo nice right night. And 82 degree water is great!

Ann said...

Great photos, Bennie! Beautiful beach--all is has done here is rain, but they say it'll be in the high 80's by the end of the week...we shall see!

Bennie said...

Beck - the ocean is really warm early this year. We generally get to about 85-86 in August. Looks like we have a good start. I just hope it's not a rough hurricane season because of it.

Ann - 80's would have been very nice. It was too hot. Just landed in Houston and drove 2 hours north. It's over 100 here in Lufkin where I'm at.

Sue said...

I'm just as guilty - living so close to the beach and rarely taking the time to enjoy. I have a blog coming up about that. Your last photo was wonderful - could be on a calendar.