Painted Bunting Sighting #3


This morning on my daily walk I saw a beautiful bird on the trail.  This is the third day in a row I’ve seen this Painted Bunting.   They are so pretty, the first time I saw one at the house I thought someone had lost a pet parakeet or finch.   The colors are spectacular.    The first picture I took on the walk, the second is courtesy of the internet, so you can see the beautiful colors I saw.




The other day on my walk he was on the first island I cross, and I thought maybe it had a hurt wing.  It was walking and flew a slight distance to the bridge, then out into the marsh.  I was so hoping it was not injured.  Then yesterday I saw it again, same place, same time.   So, I knew it had made it.  This morning it was like I woke it up, he was just standing there waiting on me.   Stefan said I need to take it some seed each morning then it will look for me.  But then it might become tame and one of the visitors to the park might not be as gentle as I am.

Anyway, even without a sunrise this morning due to clouds, I had a nice splash of color.

No comments: