Memorial Day Mash Up


Well I said there would be some days I wrote about current day.  This post is a mash up of the Memorial Day weekend since I haven’t written in a while. 

Yesterday (May 25, 2020) marks a year since I found Lucky the Guinea Pig in Vereen Park.   She got to celebrate with some Bamboo on the swing outside.  It’s hard to believe it’s been a full year since I found her.   I brought her home with the thought of re-homing her, but mom was down in the floor and found her so fascinating that before long she became the newest member of the family.



Each morning I try and have a walk in Vereen Park behind the house, most mornings I get 5 miles in.  I start off with a nice view of the Sunrise over the Intra Coastal Waterway (when it’s not rainy or cloudy). Then I visit with my buddy Kathy in Maine talking about anything and everything and sometimes nothing at all.   I will post some of the pictures from this weekend on the post today.




We are also sprucing up the front yard / patio.  We have hauled in pea gravel by the bag load (37 of them so far) and putting up a new retaining wall from where Stefan leveled out the yard.   When the wall is completed, we will move the picnic table and umbrella back.  We will then work on the other side with the bench swing.  It won’t be long until it’s too hot to be outside working.  But it’s nice to have a place to sit in the evenings.




 
Tammy Bellamy from Hospice came by this weekend and dropped off a nice card and Hydrangea in memory of mom.  She also brought the kiddos (Mandy and Josie) treats and toys.  We sat in the swing and chairs out front and visited for a while.  She said that COVID had not really impacted them as much as one might think.  They restricted visits to houses to the nurse and aides only, and the Tammy can still go to the hospitals to get admissions into Hospice started.   She told me the letter I sent was sent way up the chain and they so appreciated me writing it.      She told me each year there is a dinner for the families, and they have pictures and stories of the care they provided.  She said it’s generally in the October/November time frame and asked if I’d share a picture of mom for that dinner. 



Well that’s all the excitement from the weekend…  Till the next post.

No comments: