Things that happen while I'm gone

I wrote some time back about the house in transition. Stefan is remodeling and I'll take off on a trip and come home and see all his hard work. A few weeks back I left and he was planning on putting up some new lamps on each side of the front door. This project was going to include adding some cedar shakes around the area as an accent. Least to say that project went a bit farther than planned.

Here is a picture of the house I took a while back (6-9 months back) and this is what it looked like for the most part when I left week before last. I came home to the bottom two pictures this week.

This is the new look.

6 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

How COOL Bennie! I love all the white trim accents! It looks like a totally different house. It adds a nautical/seaport cottage effect!

Leslie said...

goodness gracious, quite the transition....good thing you don't live in subdivision of look alikes...you'd never have found your way home...

tell Stefan its REAL PURTY! He done good!

Ann said...

Wow! What a cool home!

Jackie said...

What a change.I lkie the after look much better. Much more character and charm.

Bennie said...

Beck - I love the trim accents too. It certainly added to the look of the house.

Leslie - you are right there are not a lot of look alikes here. Our house is the most unique I think being round. But there are many other neat designs too. I'll tell Stefan you said it was "Real Purty". That's a high compliment from a carpenters wife.

Ann - I have to say I never would have designed this house. When I was looking for a house I just wanted to see what it would look like and when I walked in I knew it was mine.

Jackie - I agree I like the after look much better. I think the neighbor is a bit jealous. He's one of the "Keep up with the Jones'" type people.

Anonymous said...

very nice!!! Michelle T