A Day of Changes

Well it’s been a while since I’ve updated everyone on what’s going on in my life. So I’ll start off with where I’m at! I’m in Vancouver, WA again. This is one of my favorite areas of the USA. I really love the Portland/Vancouver area.

Monday was the day of changes. I flew from Myrtle Beach to Atlanta and we were pulling up to our gate D22 to park when they changed our gate on us to C36. I had it all planned out because I was supposed to depart from E33 and I could walk it from the D concourse. I got off the plane and confirmed my gate of E33 and then when I got to the train I thought you might need to look at this again. Good thing because they moved the gate to T6. So that’s on the opposite end of the airport so off I went to the new gate.

I got there and I looked at the plane and I knew it was much larger than the 757 I had picked my seats on. So I asked the agent and sure enough they had changed our aircraft to the larger plane. I asked to be moved to a window like I had booked and the system had already done it. This was a fantastic change because I had been upgraded to First Class and this is the type aircraft they send back and forth across the Atlantic. The seats lay back farther than my recliner at home. I would say about 80 degrees. To get to the seat back pocket in front of me I had to unbuckle and get up. I was loving life.

Monday I got up at 3AM Eastern time to start my journey. I got to Portland at 11AM Pacific. I headed to Multnomah Falls first thing (it’s one of my favorite things to see up here). I then went to my motel checked in and took a nap. About 3:30 PM I got up and headed north to meet a few friends for dinner half way to Seattle. We had a nice dinner then I came back to my room last night and got to bed about 20 hours after my day started.

Now I’m on a scavenger hunt for a Dove candy bar that my client gave me today after lunch. I put it somewhere and can’t find it. I looked all through my laptop bag and it’s not there. So I figure it’s in my jacket pocket down in the car in the garage. So I’m going to need to head down there and see if its there. I sure hope not because it’s plenty hot here and I’d hate to think it’s in my nice suit coat melting. Then again.. I do really want this chocolate bar. Darn that sweet tooth..


Beck – I’ll have dinner for you at Beaches tomorrow night..

7 comments:

Bennie said...

Good News! I found my Dove candy bar in my jacket pocket.. And it was NOT melted. Now I'm off to have my chocolate buzz..

Life's a Beach! said...

Bennie, I had a grilled ham and cheese sandwich because I was too lazy to go get carryout, so I'll need the blow by blow on what you had at Beaches. Wonder if you had the garlic mashed potatoes with your meal? I love Multnomah Falls too! There's a pretty good restaurant in Troutdale on the way out there at Edgefield. It's one of the McMeneman's hotels. It's kind of an interesting place to look around.

Now the big question is -- where in the heck did you eat halfway between Seattle and Portland? I'm guessing the Centralia/Chehalis area, but I hope you did better than a truck stop! : )

Ann said...

Great about the change to 1st class! What an unexpected treat! When we went to Alaska last year we ended up in 1st class the whole way, but paid for economy! The 12 hour trip was more more bearable!

Jackie said...

Bennie,
Tomorrow is not going to work for dinner. Next trip to the area give me about a week’s notice and I will make sure we can meet.

Beck’s right Edgefield in Troutdale has a a good restaurant as well as one of their typical pubs. http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=114&id=960

Another good restaurant in Troutdale is Tad’s Chicken and Dumplings. Chicken and dumplings is what they are known for but they have lots of other great choices. My daughter, her husband and another couple were just there for a birthday dinner. Tara had never eaten there before and she raved about it. Tad’s is located on the Sandy River. http://www.tadschicdump.com/index.htm

Bennie said...

Beck - We ate at a Mexican Restaraunt that looked like a dive from the outside but was pretty decent in Chehalis, WA. It wasn't the greatest I've ever had but it was still better than a Truck Stop.

Jackie - I'll catch you on another trip sometime. I'll try to give you more warning next time. Thanks for the links and suggestions of places to eat. It's great having Tour Guides. I need you and Beck to scope out these places I travel to before I get there.

Sue said...

Well, I'm guessing this was your regular airline so getting bumped to first class wasn't that unusual, but getting those great seats was a bonus! They use that type of plane going back and forth from Cancun to Philadelphia sometimes, and yup, you have to get out of your seat to reach anything. I push all the buttons and get that seat as spread out as I can, tuck in with my blanket and pillow, and sleep just like I'm in my own bed (except when the meal comes - you know I wouldn't miss that). You didn't mention a meal - did you get one?

Glad you found the chocolate bar, I can relate to how hard one will search when one is in need of chocolate.

Bennie said...

Sue - you know me all too well. There is no way I'd miss a meal (not even for sleep). As a matter of fact I could probably eat and sleep at the same time. They did feed us on the flight.

Oh and the chocolate search was funny. The next day I bought a dove candy bar for the lady who bought me mine. And wouldn't you know it she misplaced it and went on a mad search in her office for it later that day. I just had to laugh.