Beaches Report

Well this is my report from your favorite Restaurant in downtown Vancouver. I ate at Beaches tonight.

It’s really hot here in the Portland area today (about 96 degrees). Even so I sat outside on the patio overlooking the Columbia River. I really enjoy watching the boats and everyone playing on the river. It was so hot the poor birds were panting. I can’t say I knew they did that before today. They all had their little mouths open and some you could even see the deep breaths.

I should have taken my camera. I never have it when I want it the most. They have a pay phone up on posts out in the river with a sign to call in your order. Of course the phone is way too high and there is not enough room to pull a boat in. But it was one of those cute things I’ve never noticed before.

I had the Beaches House Salad which is wonderful. Then I had the Blackened Pork Chop with mixed grilled vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes.

I really like the waitresses at Beaches. They ask your name when you are there and from that point on they call you by name. I know they have to write this down somewhere to keep up with all the names each night. It’s just a really nice touch to the customer service. Then at the end of the meal they bring you a notepad with things people have written about the service they gave.

Beck this was a great suggestion you gave me all those months back.

3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Hope you got your salt water taffy with the check! I loved sitting out on the patio in the summertime watching the boats pass. We've also been there in December and seen a Christmas boat parade on the river. Craig's favorite was the pork chop with the garlic mashed potatoes. I usually picked halibut or salmon with the garlic mashed potatoes and salad. I miss it! We used to walk the path down to the bridge and back afterwards to work off the dinner! Have a great time in Portland!

Ann said...

Sounds like a great place!

Bennie said...

Beck - I did get my salt water taffy. I guess the waitress liked me because I got a big handful about 6-7 pieces. Works for me I have a sweet tooth so a handful was just what I wanted. She got a nice tip off that one.