A new destination this week

This week I have a different place to visit. I am about 4.5 hours south of the house. My morning started off early waking up around 5AM (not because I had to but because the animals felt it was time to get up).

My boss lives about an hour north of me in Wilmington, NC. He picked me up at the house around 8:30 AM and we got to drive south through all the Costal South Carolina cities (Myrtle Beach, Georgetown, Charleston & Beaufort). We then crossed into Georgia to our destination Savannah, GA.

Savannah is a really interesting historical city. I have been here several times touring and it’s just a charming Southern City. If you are looking for a small city with the true Southern feel this is the city for you. The riverfront is loaded with shopping and dining options. The banks are very steep so you better be in shape or find the public elevator to take you back to the street level.

I got me meet a co-worker I’ve worked with for over a year and never met face to face. She was the last person on my team that I had not met face to face. It’s so nice to know what your co-workers look like.

We left the motel on Abercorn Street and drove down to Bay Street though the nice squares in downtown. We had dinner at a very nice restaurant on the river and back home at a decent hour. So I’m able to let everyone know I’m still alive out here.

I have a lot of blogs to catch up on. I’ve not only taken a break from writing but from reading too. Amazing what a busy schedule does…

It was a good weekend at home. We are working on replacing my wood sidewalk and the steps at the house. We spent time with my neighbors that were down from Erie (mainly eating meals and just shooting the breeze). We had a very nice meal at an Italian Restaurant named Pomodero’s.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing work day!

Life's a Beach! said...

I've always wanted to visit Savannah! Pictures, pictures! : )

Leslie said...

I love Savannah....I think it has come back into its own in the pst decade....it used to be rather tattered and torn....the area on the riverfront is very quaint and different every time we go there....a true southern belle with great beauty in those parks on the squares!

Bennie said...

Sue it was a nice relaxing work day on Monday. Much easier than the typical travel day. I'm so glad we drove this week instead of flying through Atlanta with all the flooding there.

Beck - I didn't have the car this week but I have some pics from my last trip here I'll dig out and post. We went down to the riverfront to eat the first night, then to the historic district last night. I just love the squares here.

Leslie - I could not have described it better than your comment. Savannah has come back into it's own the past decade. And yep the city is a true Souther Belle.. What a wonderful description.

Jackie said...

One of the great southern cities on my list to visit someday.