Snowy South

This week I’m lucky enough to be working from home office in Myrtle Beach, SC. I have lived in Myrtle Beach a little over 10 years now. As all of you know one of my main reasons for living here is the mild winters. We do have winter every year with temperatures that fall below freezing. Our winter season is generally very short (several weeks at most).

A week ago today they had snow in Myrtle Beach it was the first time in 9 years we have had snow here. The year after I bought my house I woke up to 5 inches of snow and heavy snowfall. It stopped at noon and had melted away by dinner.

I was not home to catch the snowfall this year but Stefan got a few pictures of the house in the snow I’ll share with you. I’m happy to say the freeze was not enough to cause damage to the plants and flowers that were blooming. My Daffodils decided to make an early entrance this year and have been blooming for a few weeks now.

Plants along driveway

This is the house with a dusting of snow


As pretty as it is to see the snow, I'm starting to get the itch for the best season here... Spring!

Let's hope the groundhog agrees to have an early spring next Monday when he peeks his head out.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Pretty pictures. And it was so cold on Isla at that time that I expected snow too. Unusual winter, that's for sure. I hope next year will NOT bring you snow!

Bennie said...

You and me both... I hope the next 10 don't bring snow. I can see it from an airplane at 30,000 feet and that's close enough for me.