About the blog and what’s in the name Reflections?

I am new to the blogging world. I have several friends who have started blogging in order to keep up with each other in this busy world we live in.

I travel extensively with my job. I see more in a month than many people see in a year. And what I see in a year is often more than some people see in a lifetime. Travel is much more enjoyable if you don’t take things too seriously and just roll with the flow. The attitude you have makes a huge difference, it can make you or break you.

As I was flying coast to coast this week from Wilmington, NC to Portland OR I thought about it and decided what a great way to share my funny stories from the road with friends.

There is a greatest hits album by Tim McGraw called “Reflected”. In thinking about a name for my blog I was thinking what a great description for a greatest hits album.

I was thinking about reflections and what I think of as reflections. As you look in a mirror the reflection is what you see today. You can look to the past in a reflection and if you look on the surface of water you can even see reflections of things to come.

Since I am held captive on airplanes and in airports I have plenty of time to reflect (looking forward, backwards and even what’s going on at that moment). As I listen to music on my iPod I think about friends that a song reminds me of and even events in my life. As bad as I am at keeping in touch I still think of the wonderful friends and experiences I’ve had through the years.

When I was trying to make myself decide whether or not to blog I was thinking what would I have to talk about? Then I started making notes (you do that at my age) and the ideas started flowing…

I could write about:
Friends in my past that I think about and stories about these precious friends.
Movies I’ve seen that changed me or made me think.
Funny and not so funny travel stories from the road.
Life in the Carolinas where I call home.

So here’s to a new year and a new Blog. I'm going to try and post a few stories a week. I don't think I can commit to a daily blog. You know men and commitment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bennie. You're too much. I laughed the entire time reading about this Canadian adventure of yours. Come back to California. You won't have to deal with the snow (just head up to the mts if you want). We're having a heat wave (January no less). And we can go to Disneyland! Leigh Ann

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

I deleted the post by "Miguel", which was really me, because I was signed into his email account by mistake. Here is "Sue", and what I wanted to comment...

Bennie, I am glad to see you've been writing. I did not realize you kept it up, and now I see I have quite a few entries to read. I know you keep up with me on my blog, now I've got to catch up with you. And I think "Reflections" describes well what you're all about. Even though you claim you don't keep in touch well, you really do (better than I do, at any rate). Glad to see you kept writing!

Bennie said...

Oh I knew who it was. I'm glad to see you caught up on the blog. Thanks for the shout out on your blog. I miss you so much. I need to call you more often.