Sights from Savannah

Too lazy to write... But I'm back in Savannah and here are a few pictures I took today on my walk around town.

The picture above is one of the many squares in town. The fountain was pretty with the moss and live oaks all around it.

The picture above was the moss in the trees in one of the squares with the sun going down behind it.

This statue is of John wesley the founder of Methodism.

I saw this boat coming in on the Savannah River. I loved the colors.

The bridge across the Savannah River is huge. To really appreciate it you have to see a ship go under it.
I'm not sure what the building above is. But the gold leaf on the roof was beautiful in the sunlight.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Great pictures--I thought I read you'd lost your camera on Isla? How was that trip--hope you had some warm weather!

Jackie said...

Nice photos. Savannah looks like a beautiful city.

Life's a Beach! said...

Love the tug on the river! And the Spanish moss. When my family went to New Orleans in the late 50's, my mother was enthralled with Spanish moss. That's what I remember from that trip!

Bennie said...

Ann - I did loose my camera on Isla. But fear not I bought my replacement already.

Jackie - Savannah is beautiful.

Beck - That Tug was just the perfect shot it was right in the sun heading towards me. I love the spanish moss and live oak trees there.

Leslie said...

Here I am chiming in late, and you probably will never see it....

that gold dome is the Savannah City Hall....I love that city!