What I can do with a few hours and a bus pass in San Francisco

I had a whirlwind day today. I worked from my motel from 4AM - NOON. Then I took off with my BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) ticket and went on into San Francisco. You'd be amazed what I can swing off with a few hours, a bus pass and some determination.

BART is a different transit system than the Municipal Transportation (MUNI). I bought a one day Passport for unlimited rides on the cable cars, buses and MUNI trains. Let me tell you if you are going to get around that's the best way to do it.

I took the cable car from Powell to Hyde.
When you get to the top of the hill you see the most beautiful view of the Downtown skyline.
The cable car takes you to the top of Lombard Street which is the crookedest street in the world. I walked down to take the picture from the bottom up. I noticed there was a house For Sale on this street wonder if Stefan would be intrested? The Coit Tower on top of Telegraph Hill is beautiful. I didn't make it over there to see the art but I did get a great picture from the hill top. At the end of the line is Fishermans Warf. The view to Alkatraz today was really good.San Francisco is known for the Sourdough Bread. I saw this place that made all these different animals out of the bread so I had to take a picture. Then I had Clam Chowder for Lunch. It was really YUMMY.I rode the cable cars to China Town and saw this sign. Lucky for me it was written in English on the other side.I took the train over to the Castro District which is the Gay Area. I got to see the Harvey Milk Memorial and the famous Castro Theater sign.
I saw more than I have uploaded and took about 30 pictures. I got to see our Corporate Office where my paychecks come from.
So that was what I did in a few hours in San Francisco. I rarely get a chance to get out and about when I'm on the road. But as you can see when I do I can cover a lot of ground.

3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Bennie, I miss sourdough bread! And the Pacific! And Dungeness Crab! Haven't been to San Francisco and the California Coast in five or six years. I think we may make a trip to the San Diego area the week after Christmas if all the moon and stars line up! Great photos!

Ann said...

Wonderful--you got to see alot in a short time--as i said in the last post--i love San Francisco! Thanks for the photos!

Jackie said...

What a beautiful day you had to go sightseeing. The soup looked really good. Could you imagine driving up and down Lombard every day? It would make me nuts.

I have not commented on your blog for awhile because when I tried to comment about the squirrel a malicious virus threat warning popped up and shut down my browser.