Daytrip to Shreveport

Thursday night I decided that the weather was too bad to drive to Arkansas to see mom. It was a good call considering how much rain and bad weather we had. There were 4-5 tornados in the Shreveport area which I would have had to drive through.

Shreveport is about half way from where I’m working and where mom lives. So I met her and my aunt there in Shreveport and we drove around looking at the damage and then through some neighborhoods just to see the nice houses in the area.

A church steeple was blown off and fell on a car that night. It was a white Lexus from what I heard. My aunt tells me he woke up in the hospital and wasn’t sure what happened. The steeple is said to weigh 2 tons.


We went downtown Shreveport and went to a botanical garden and art museum.

The statue below is at the River Walk in Downtown Shreveport.After we messed around downtown a while we tried to get to the Rose Gardens in time to walk around. We didn’t make it but I did get a few pictures at the front of the gardens. Maybe next year I’ll get to see it.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Looks like an interesting city to visit...thaks for sharing!

Life's a Beach! said...

I saw a little blip about that steeple falling on a car on AOL last night, but didn't catch where it was. Glad you got to see your mom and take a look around!

Jackie said...

Yikes! I wouldn't want anything as large and heavy as that steeple falling on my car. That must have been some strong wind.

Bennie said...

Ann - we use the airport in Shreveport but never take the time to visit there. It was nice to just mess around there for a day. I need to go back and tour someday.

Beck & Jackie - the poor guy was driving along and woke up in a hospital. he's lucky to be alive. The steeple weighed 2 tons (4,000 pounds) and was larger than a fire truck.